Citrix - Sr. Software Engineer - as of jun 2019
- working on citrix workspace UI/experience team
Packet.GG - CIO & Co-Founder - jan 2017 to mar 2019
- set out to build a better network across the pacific, focussed on low-latency and esports.
- react & vue heavy web frontends
- node & go cloud service backends w/ some basic microservices
- ran all internal IT/devops, which involved docker, kubernetes, and helm.
- delegated a small team of developers
- budgeted and planned for physical hardware builds
- lots and lots of freebsd/linux automation.
Twitch Streaming - mar 2017 to dec 2017, ongoing-ish
- creative programming edutainment-style content
- taught engineering principles to viewers while building random projects
- pulled in average 20-40 viewers every stream, almost every day
- hailed for giving a fun "co-working" space style vibe
SplitmediaLabs & Player.me - DevOps Engineer - sept 2014 to dec 2016
- splitmedialabs predominantly makes xsplit, a capture and livestreaming suite
- player.me is a social networking platform for gamers and streamers, and was acquired by the above.
- played a minor role in making the main laravel+react+node app
- worked on all 3rd party integrations, link crawling, and message parsing algorithms
- audited app for security (xss, csrf, etc)
- devops work with ansible, elk/graylog2, linode, haproxy, AWS; eventually docker & kubernetes
- wrote early server-side rendering service for react
- wrote various services for automation, mostly in react+node.